Stalcop is continuously searching for talent in the manufacturers’ representatives field. If you have a desire to earn large commissions income, and are willing to dedicate yourself to your growth as well as ours, by selling custom designed, specialty cold formed and precision machined components, we need you. We operate on the basis of exclusive accounts available in the area of your choice. If you want to grow with us, please contact HR@Stalcop.com
Product Manager – Outside Sales
Reporting to the Sales Manager, this high-energy, focused position is responsible for establishing qualified sales leads through personal research and company provided sales leads, obtaining opportunities to quote on business with new and existing customers, following through on quotations submitted and obtaining purchase orders from qualified leads.
Reports To: Sales Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify appropriate prospects through personal research and knowledge
- Securing request for quotations on products that fit the core competencies of Stalcop.
- Presenting quotations to prospects and the ability to appropriately negotiate pricing and delivery.
- Obtaining Purchase orders, and coordinating new product launch through Stalcop and the customer.
- Ability to write sales proposals and business correspondence.
- Ability to travel 50-75% in North America
- Central Indiana Manufacturing Company
- Position can be located in Indiana or remotely
- Proficient PC skills for MS Office Suite
- Effective, positive verbal and written communication skills.
- Practical problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated skills in prospecting leads and closing new business
- Proven ability to identify qualified leads, appropriate prospects and securing new business.
- Basic ability to read customer prints and drawings
- Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse group of people from Engineering to Purchasing Managers
- Ability to encourage and motivate employee engagement.
- BS Degree Preferred; Engineering background a plus
- 5+ years experience in collaborative solutions sales in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge in the Power Transmission and Distribution market a plus.
- Experience with customer prints and drawings
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to HR@Stalcop.com.
Machine Set-Up Associates
Stalcop is seeking Machine Setup associates with two (2) or more years experience in setting up, troubleshooting, and operating manufacturing equipment (strong mechanical skills). Blue print reading knowledge and experience using a wide variety of quality measuring instruments are additional requirements. Experience in setting up presses (mechanical and hydraulic), and automatic multi-station equipment is preferred. Demonstrated positive verbal and written communication skills, and the willingness to work overtime as required.
Job Status: Full Time
Work Schedule: 2nd shift: 10 hr days – 4 days per week unless scheduled for overtime at supervisor’s discretion.
To setup, troubleshoot, and operate CNC lathes and milling machines and in our production processes.
- Setup machinery for new jobs
- Develop Tooling & Fixtures for new products
- Troubleshoot and correct machinery problems
- Tweak programming as necessary
- Program – E100 (2), P-100 (1), P-200 (1)
- Clean and Maintain machine, tooling, and parts to maintain equipment in optimal production conditions.
- Inspect cutting tools for sharpness and usability where it may apply.
- Observes machine operation to verify accuracy of machine settings and to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machine, using precision measuring instruments such as micrometer and dial calipers.
- Works with set-up staff members to inspect “first part”; consults with quality assurance, and inspects work pieces throughout the production, for out of tolerance machining.
- Counts, weighs, and records number of units of materials moved or handled on daily production sheet.
- Works in teams to troubleshoot manufacturing problems and perform quality assurance checks of our work.
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accurate – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Analytical Skills – Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Communication, Oral – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Decision Making – Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Honesty/Integrity – Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Initiative – Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
- Loyal – The trait of feeling a duty to the employer
- Problem Solving – Ability to fine a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Reliability – The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
- Machinist Trade School or Equivalent
5+ years of experience
- Ability to stand and/or walk constantly
- Ability to push/pull up to 12 lbs. frequently
- Ability to lift/carry up to 50 lbs.
- Frequent lifting, carrying, reaching, and bending
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Earplugs, Safety Glasses)
If you are applying for manufacturing openings, the preferred method of contact is to download our application (PDF), fill it out, and mail it to the address below. It can also be faxed to 765-436-2178 or emailed to HR@Stalcop.com.
Please submit your resume to:
1217 West Main Street
Thorntown, IN 46071